Tuesday, November 22, 2011

We're back!!!!

We are back in the blogging world. It's only been a year and a half since I have blogged and it's not like our lives have completely changed... well except for the addition of our beautiful baby girl. Well I guess a lot has happened in all that time. Let's see if we can sum it all up in pictures... Here we go...Scott and Mike got married and gave me 2 amazing new sisters. I am so glad that they married girls that I love and get along with so well. I feel very lucky. Scott and Kim were married last October and Mike and Whitney were married a month later in November. It was a crazy time with lots of showers and all sorts of wedding paraphernalia. They both just celebrated their first anniversaries... see how far behind I am? Oh well

A few months later I found out that I was pregnant... Oh goodness. Then 9 months of being sick and trying to survive being a school teacher. The kids were wonderful and took care of me. They brought me potato chips and diet coke daily to curb my cravings and help with my nausea.
I don't have many preggo pictures, but here are some I am willing to share.


My sister Erin and I were pregnant at the same time. She had her little baby girl 6 weeks before me. I am glad that I had someone to turn to for all the weird pregnant questions. Love ya sis.
On August 20th we welcomed our new little bundle of joy to the family. Samantha Joy Smith was born at 3:31 weighing in at 6 lbs 5 oz and a long 21 inches. From the very beginning she has stolen our hearts. I am truly beginning to understand what it means to be a parent and a mother. This little girl has brought so much happiness into our home in just a short time. It's unreal.

Sam was a little ladybug for Halloween. She was not very happy about her costume.
Hanging out with Mom.

Sam on her blessing day. So thankful to have wonderful family and friends to support us.

My baby is of course the naked one. Here is Sam and her cousin Macy. They are going to be the best of friends. They already love to lay by each other and kick and try and eat the others hands.
Oh how I love my little brown eyed girl.
So there you have it. The last year summed up quite nicely. Hopefully I can keep up with this a little more!!!

5 comments:

Kerstin said...

Yay!! love the pics of sam! keep them coming :) love ya gord

pinksuedeshoe said...

Yay! Your daughter is adorable. And brown eyes?! So pretty!

The Flint's said...

Finally!! ha ha!! Greg just got our blog working again after it mysteriously disappeared. Love your little girl!! Only a few more weeks until Christmas vacation!!

Sara Jane said...

Greatest summary ever! love it!!!

Milo Quinn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.