Wednesday, April 30, 2008

The End!

(Zac thought it would be fun to take a picture of me and my books in my moment of distress. I don't know how I mustered the smile. )

I wasn't trying to evoke sympathy from my last post, although it was greatly appreciated. But it did get worse. Still not trying for the sympathy. The fantastic week of all gone wrong, escalated into a full blown hurricane. Remember the paper, the huge senior thesis, that was almost lost from the broken computer... Yeah that one. Well I was so thankful that I had saved it to my jump drive. Well.. who had to go step on her jump drive three days before her paper was do. Oh yes the answer is a resounding... Me!! So after crying to the man at PC laptops begging him to salvage what was left on my usb (which didn't happen), I borrowed my brother-in-law's lap-top (thanks Scott) and set out on the daunting task of completely reconstructing the whole second half of my paper, footnotes at all. Completely horrible. But I am here to announce that 18 books from the library, 12 journal articles, 25 pages, 83 footnotes, well over 100 hours of reading and writing, and a re-do of the whole second half, the paper is done and turned in... Now I am an official Graduate of the University of Utah. It didn't come without it's woes. But I survived. Anyways... Back to a happy note. Now I am free to blog and I have to catch up on some things and people I need to mention.

Shout out to my cutest little nephew Caleb, who celebrated his birthday a few weeks ago. Love you my little "noodle" Boy.
Oh and... way to go mom on "Deal or No Deal." This is my mom, and her supporters at a tape audition for deal or no deal. She did a great job. We are so proud of you mom and know that if you ever get on the show, we would tell you to go for the million!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy Craziness Batman! Seriously, that is insane! Congrats on graduation and the paper and all the insanity that led up to that point.

Love ya dearie!
xox

H and E said...

I can't believe you had to re-write you whole paper, you are amazing! Congratulations on graduating you are going to love it!

pinksuedeshoe said...

Yay for Graduation!!

Jamie Lynn said...

Gord - holy crap - congrats on graduating. I'm so proud of you.

Bryndie said...

Congrats on Graduation! I bet that is such a relief. I saw the pictures of you and all the books and it made me "NOT miss the studing at all", well what studing I did:)

Sara said...

Congratulations on Graduation! Sorry you had to go through all that for you paper but now its all over right!? I still can't believe your mom has a chance being on the Deal or No Deal! Hope she does! She would be so fun!

Kerstin said...

i love that pic of you at the top lookin all hot and haggard at the same time ha ha. love ya and congrats!