Wednesday, April 23, 2008

When it rains, it pours!


I guess when one bad thing happens, it turns into a domino effect. This week has been a crazy one for me and Zac. Well the past couple weeks have. Trying to get through our last couple weeks of school till we graduate (Yeah) and just trying to endure all that life throws at you. We were watching t.v. the other night and our t.v. had a serious breakdown. It didn't just break and shut-off like normal television's do when they die. It had to leave it's mark as it left this world and let out this shrieking cry that sounded like a dying wounded animal. And with that we have no t.v. Funny how it died during the first new episode of Gossip Girl, maybe it was more of a sign than anything else to stop watching trashy t.v. shows. And no American Idol. Tragic. Then as I was working on my huge paper (you all know the one that has zapped all my time, even leaving me with nothing to blog about) our laptop decided that it would break also. How wonderful. Thank goodness for jump drives that I had luckily just saved my paper too. So now we are left with no t.v. and no lap-top. I realize that I don 't want to sound like a snob or an ungrateful brat but I guess I never realized how much we rely on those type of luxuries. Which has left a lot of time for me and Zac to study, and to actually have conversations with each other. So now here we are. We need a new t.v. and a new hard drive for our laptop neither of which is cheap. Oh well. I guess the government really knew what they were doing when they decided they needed to "stimulate the economy." Me and Zac will contribute by buying a new t.v.

5 comments:

Kerstin said...

i definitely laughed out loud over your shrieking tv. that is dang funny...i am sorry though. :)

Jamie Lynn said...

I wouldn't take the it as a sign to stop watching trashy tv! Maybe if it had died during Rock of Love!! I'm sorry though, that sucks!

pinksuedeshoe said...

Big Big Bummer. What a nice contribution from your TV and hard drive. Enjoy shopping :o)

Annie said...

Hang in there...Dosen't life suck sometimes!! About 5 months ago our TV and our TV speakers both died within 2 days. I am excited for the stimulus thing too. I think that we are going to get another car (well a down pmt helper that is)

The Flint's said...

JOrd-
i'm sure your working on your paper which I wish you would have saved the name of your post for your lost paper, I guess now you could say you were in a hurricane. we love you..good luck