Sunday, November 23, 2008

Bite me...

Me, Karlee, Danielle, Rocio, Erica, and Aiko getting ready to head to the movie.

So I can admit that I am a Twilight fan like a lot of you out there. You may have loved them, or not, or didn't read them because you thought you wouldn't (I held off for a long time because I thought it sounded so lame.) Right? A girl falling in love with a vampire... Yeah sounds right up my ally. I eventually broke down and read the series, which I can say provided me with a month of entertaining reading. Wait... confession. Who am I kidding, I read each book in less than a day. So like a lot of you out there I was really excited for the movie to come out. But like many books that have turned into really crappy movies, I went into this without high expectations. Characters can never fully develop how you image them and before you know it the movie is over. But I can say I was pleasantly surprised by the movie. I actually liked it despite many out there who hated it. So what do you think? Did you love it, hate it? And if you are just pretending that you are way too cool for this, that's okay. You are just missing out on all the stimulating conversation going on at work and school around the drinking fountain. Way to go all my friends from Pier One... You sucked in yet another fan.

6 comments:

Cherstin said...

Who has your copy of the first book? I just might want to read it...? love you

Lacey said...

i liked it as well. very entertaining.

Jamie Lynn said...

You know I loved it enough to go to the midnight showing and start the line at 9:30.

Wanna go again next week? My mom & sisters are going!

schaars said...

Hey Jordan this is Ash I just had to say hi and wanted to thank you for the tip on your DARLING boots I ordered them, but they are on back order until the middle of December, oh well they are worth the wait!!! I LOVED the movie I went to the 12:30 showing and was obsessed with the books!

fonsy said...

I too went to the midnight showing and am wondering if I would have liked the movie better without the pre adolescent sexually repressed girls screaming everytime Edward was on the scene. But I also felt like there were some issues in the writing, directing, music composition, and choreography that I had issues with. But what can I say my sister is a writer/director/producer so we take this stuff kind of serious.

Sara said...

I felt the same way. It took me forever to actually start reading them. I would just laugh when all the girls in my ward were talking about them. I finally gave in & to my suprise, I loved them. I went in with very low expectations & I actually thought the movie was pretty good. It was definetely a low budget movie but overall I think they cast every pretty well.