Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Babies, cows, birthdays, school and such!

Well I think it's about time I post again. Life is definitely crazy at the Smith household. Me and Zac officially are back into school again. I am so glad that there is an end in sight. Well it is a long way to the end of the tunnel but at least it is there. I am loving my student teaching program so far. This week we finally got to start visiting classrooms and teachers to narrow down where we want to do our student teaching. So far East High school is looking really promising. Maybe I can make a cameo in the next High School musical. I am really nervous, anxious, and excited about the next year. All I got to do now is make sure that I am not mistaken as a student. (It has already happened.) I have a lot to look forward to that's for sure. For starters I just want to give a shout out to my friends Chris and Sara who finally had their lil baby boy Graham today. I am so excited for them. They really are going to be the best parents ever. Oh and Sara, you really did look gorgeous today. Just had a baby and looked like she just got home from work. Amazing. You must have had that new Mom glow. He is so adorable. Wish I had pics. But I will save that for them to share. Last weekend we were invited to spend a very interesting night at the State Fair with Cher & Bryan, and our two lil pals Addie and Berkie. It was a lot of fun. They loved all the animals. Well Addie really did. Berkley...well, she just liked me and Zac's sno cone. I swear that girl ate three-fourths of that thing, and it was huge. Here are a few pics.

Me and Addie hanging out with the cows.

Taking a break from sno-cones.

We also celebrated my Dad, Grandma Mick, and Grandpa Pop's birthday this weekend. Here is the birthday cake that I made for them. I felt like Betty Crocker when all was said and done. It even tasted good. The only reason I show this picture is because this may never happen again. And after two days of prep work I felt like I had done something spectacular. (For me, this is spectacular.) It was really good to. If anyone wants the recipe. Let me know. It's a chocolate raspberry truffle cake.

I just love this picture of my Grandma Micks reading to the lil girls. They love books.

6 comments:

Bryndie said...

How exciting going into teaching, you will be great. It is going to be funny when all the highschool boys continue to hit on you ha ha!
It sounds like your guys little Berklie eats like our little Burklie. Must be the name! Cake looks delicious!

Matt, Meggan & Ty said...

Jordan, I want that recipe!! That looks amazing. If I made that cake, I would blog it too! Email it to me...meggusic@hotmail.com. Thanks!

The Flint's said...

My mouth is watering for another piece of the cake!! So delicious, You can do dessert for every family party!! We miss you in your busyness but love ya the same!!!

Mechelle said...

You are so gorgeous! I bet you will have students hitting on you left and right! The cake looked delish- it's funny how all of this domestic stuff comes out when you get married!

fonsy said...

East high will eat you alive! Just kidding, you will do great. I stopped wearing make-up at my job so I could look older...It's not very flattering, but whatchya gonna do?

Jason and Stefanie Burt said...

Jord I am so proud of your cake!! you are so amazing! Only if you would have saved me a slice... cause no way I could make that cake! Love ya see ya tomorrow!