Saturday, July 5, 2008

Oh say can you see!!!

Chillin at the parade!Lil Berkie

Zac & Addie sharing a Otterpop!


Today we celebrated our country's independence with a good old breakfast, parade, BBQ, and fireworks with family. I can't honestly say that the 4th of July is my favorite holiday. I usually have to work. So I was mostly just excited that I had the whole day off. I guess being a history nerd like I am and knowing some of the un-talked about and not very pleasant things about our nation's history. (If you ever want a good read, try "Lies my teacher told me") I can't honestly always say that I am proud to be an American. Sometimes I am. But I am thankful that I live in the most tolerant and prosperous country in all civilization. I have never had to personally know war or know what it's like to not have my freedom. So here's to you America. Even somewhat cynics like me can be proud of what you try to stand for. God Bless America!!!

4 comments:

samiandcase said...

jord i like your headband in the first pic! cute!

Bryndie said...

Look how cute those little girls are! I wish I would have seen you there at the parade, but it was packed!

The Flint's said...

We missed you guys on the 4th, thanks for finally posting again!! Here's to next year!!

fonsy said...

Jordan, I didn't know you were a cynic like me. I am totally checking out that book. I think I've heard of it before.Anyways, God bless America eh?