Monday, January 14, 2008

The big 25!

The beautiful flowers from Zac.

Me and my wonderful husband.

The presentation of the new bowling trophy...

So I official hit a big milestone birthday, the big 25! Well for me it seems like a milestone. It is a quarter of a century. My grandpa had to remind me that it better than 80% of a century. True, true pop, but I have never experienced 25 and for some reason it sounds so much older than 24. I had a great four day celebration. Zac brought me home flowers and took me to dinner Friday night. Saturday I got to spend the day with Jamie shopping and going to lunch. I forgot how much I miss shopping with her. She always talks me into buying fabulous things. Saturday night was the annual JCS (jordan crapo smith) bowling invitational. This year my mother made a trophy for the winner to take home and display in their home all year-long. This made for great competition. My uncle Mo took home the grand-prize, with a high score of 169 barely beating out Zac. Sunday Zac's parents came to dinner at my folks house and we continued to celebrate my birth. Then the party continued when Sara took me shopping today and bought me some much awaited stirrup tights I have been wanting. Yes stirrup... It's only a matter of time till stone-washed jeans are back in style. After days of endless celebration on my behalf I decided that twenty-five isn't so bad. Twenty-five, married to a wonderful guy, no kids (not yet), fun family and friends, and working towards a career that will be rewarding, seems not so bad after all. I realized that I do still have a lot of living left to do. Especially since there are a lot more shoes out there that need to be bought...

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Huzzah for new shoes! And Happy Birthday girly!

xox

pinksuedeshoe said...

Well, as long as you say it's not that bad.... I only have about 3.75 weeks left of being 24 and carefree. Then I'll be right there with you and the other QCC'ers (Quarter Century Club)Glad you had a great time!

Annie said...

Happy Birthday!!

Bryndie said...

Happy Birthday late! 25 does seem so much older than 24 for some reason.

Jamie Lynn said...

That shirt looks greatttt. I loved spending the day with you too. It was so fun. I can't wait until we get to do it again. How about how I almost ripped off Red Butte Cafe?

Kerstin said...

I am so sorry that I was on a cruise over your birthday! I sent you a text from Mexico though! Oh well, you still had fun looks like--Sara is the new kerstin and it's ok cuz i love her. Anyway, hopefully we can get together before too long. Love ya Gord.

Jamie Lynn said...

I just realized in the flower pic, you are wearing my bday presents from last year and this year. Love it!

mccall said...

Happy Birthday, Jordan! It sounds like you had a wonderful time! Especially since you did so much shopping.... Good girl.

Whitmer Family said...

Jord, Happy Birthday. You look beautiful as always. Ok, so stone washed jeans are out of style? Yeah, I really needed to be there when you and Jamie went shopping. I like your idea of cheeing Jill on, I think we should do it for sure! Love ya, Shera

Nick and Terryn said...

Happy Birthday Jord! It looks like you had lots of fun during your birthday week! Please tell me that the stonewash jeans with the zippers at the ankles will never come back in style!