Sunday, January 13, 2008

Tribute to my dear Bub!


This past week has been a difficult week for me and my family. My dear grandmother Maxine, aka "Bub" to her twenty-six grandchildren, passed away last Sunday night. Bub was the most compassionate and self-less person I have ever met. She always had a way of making all her family feel so important. My grandmother's life was dedicated to helping those around her and she spent all her time making sure that everyone else was happy and comfortable. I am so thankful to be part of such an amazing family with many aunts, uncles, and cousins that all care about each other so much. She sure did leave behind a great legacy. One thing that is so special to all of my family is the hand-made handkerchiefs that Bub made for all of us. I have one that she made me for my baptism, birthdays, and one when I got married. They are priceless pieces of her that I will cherish forever. I am so thankful for everyone who has been there and supported my family. I am so grateful for the knowledge of eternal families. I know that she is up there watching over me and caring for me just as much as she did when she was here. I love you Bub!

6 comments:

janae said...

What a nice tribute. I am sorry about your grandma. I agree with you on how lucky we are to have eternal families. It was really nice seeing you and Zac over the holidays.

Jamie Lynn said...

What a cute pic of you and Bub. You know I love you. I feel lucky to have you as a friend.

Jam

Meg and Nate said...

I'm sorry to hear about your grandma Jordan. I lost mine in November this past year as well. It can be a really hard time, my prayers go out to you and your family.

Megan

Unknown said...

This has been a rough week, thank heavens for family.

Love you girly,
xox

Anonymous said...

I found this online after thinking about Bub . . .

"In a funeral sermon, Joseph Smith declared that the spirits of righteous people who have died "are not far from us, and know and understand our thoughts, feelings, and emotions, and are often pained therewith"

Other latter-day prophets have made similar statements. President Ezra Taft Benson said: "Sometimes the veil between this life and the life beyond becomes very thin. Our loved ones who have passed on are not far from us."

President Brigham Young said: "Where is the spirit world? It is right here"

Cousin Russ

The Flint's said...

My thoughts have been close to Bub these past weeks. Thank heavens I have you and our family, it's made it easier that we're not alone. Love you guys.